EARN A $10,000 SIGN-ON BONUS, 12-MONTHS PAID HOUSING & FOREMAN LEVEL WAGES
WHEN YOU JOIN NORTHWEST LINEMAN COLLEGE’S PRESTIGIOUS TEAM OF INSTRUCTORS
If you are a journey-level lineworker and ready to become a training professional that will lead the next generation of llineworkers to a safe and rewarding career, apply today!POSITION: Full-Time Exempt, Training SpecialistSALARY: $ 66.50/hour (equivalent to $138,320.00 annually)+ additional incentives for special training assignments and an outstanding benefits packageLOCATION: Oroville, CAABOUT NLCNorthwest Lineman College is an industry-leading institution, providing educational services for the line trades in the Power, Gas and Telecom industries. NLC has been setting the benchmark standard of training for pre-apprentice, apprentice, and journey-level linework since 1993. We are a rapidly growing, visionary and innovative employer who genuinely cares about the happiness of our people. That’s why we are a six-time “When Work Works” award winner. We are passionate about training because we change lives and improve safety. We value our customers and thrive in the dynamic world of power and telecom delivery, pushing ourselves to excellence and making work fun.ABOUT THE POSITIONAs an NLC instructor (we call them Training Specialists), you will deliver both classroom and field training on a variety of subjects, using curriculum specially developed by NLC. NLC prepares you to deliver this instruction through in-depth training on educational principles and industry standards. Once this initial preparation is complete, additional training assignments on and off site will be available. Your students will include pre-apprentices, apprentices, journey-level lineworkers, and crew leaders from across the nation—sometimes across the world!MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Journeyman lineman (certificate of completion of formalized apprenticeship program required)
- Passion for training
- Knowledge of regulations that apply to electrical linework (OSHA, NESC, etc.)
- Excellent communicator who knows how to select the right tone and medium for the message
- Proficient use of computers
- Willingness to travel up to 30%+
- CDL or ability to obtain is not required, but desirable
- High level of integrity, honesty, and professionalism
- Ability to climb and work in elevated positions up to 95’
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time, to bend and reach and to move or carry items weighing up to 65 lbs
- Ability to utilize personal fall arrest and positioning device systems within OSHA regulations and manufacturer’s recommendations (combined tool and body weight not to exceed 310 lbs, standard tool weight estimated at 45 lbs, body weight at or under 265 lbs.)
HOW TO APPLYPlease visit our website at http://www.lineman.edu and click on “Work for NLC” to apply and learn about our amazing benefits. All inquiries and submissions will be kept strictly confidential.Wondering what life is like as a Maroon? Check out these videos to learn more about how Training Specialists at Northwest Lineman College make a significant contribution to the industry while enjoying a fantastic new chapter in their careers https://vimeo.com/120707323 and to see how our Training Specialists at the California campus work and play https://vimeo.com/224117230.
Northwest Lineman College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and six-time recipient of the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Flexibility.